Halitosis is bad breath. It is common and negatively affects the social life of the person.
87% of the causes of halitosis originate from the oral cavity.
- Gum infection
- Tartar, plaque on the teeth
- Diş enfeksiyonu<
- Worn (out of alignment) crown-bridge and removable dentures
She can improve this bad situation by going to the dentist's control and having the necessary treatments of our patients.
Some halitosis is physiological. This is normal situation. Our patients can prevent this type of halitosis by taking some precautions and good oral care. Some of these halitosis are;
- Bad smell when you wake up in the morning
- They are smells originating from the foods you eat during the day (onion, garlic, etc.).
On the other hand, pathotogic halitosis can be caused by diseases and metabolism disruption. As an example of this type of halitosis;
- Diabetes (acetone odor)
- In kidney failure
- In sinus and lung infection
- In metabolic disorder
- They are bad odors caused by hunger, diet, fasting.
- Treat the bruises and infections in the mouth
- Renew your worn prostheses.
- Use dental floss and brush your tongue.
- Chew gum containing Xylital.
- You can use cinnamon in your drinks and suitable foods.
- Reduce your sugar and carbohydrate consumption.
- Do not smoke.
If you have a bad breath despite these, apply to the medical branches.